Thursday, February 21

Yet to be Seen

by Daniel Hill

You didn't know how your love would affect me, you didn't know how I'd react,
But now I think the results are plain to see, almost as matter of fact.
It has me thinking of you night and day, and any other time between,
I think I love you more than you realise, but that is yet to be seen.

I'm desperate to prove myself, because I've not had a chance yet,
Everytime I speak to you I feel better, and after we finish I feel in debt.
It hurts to know that you aren't mine, and that he can hold you tight,
I wish you were here by my side, and that you were in my arms tonight.

I can't change the past, otherwise so much would be different,
Those we love would last, and my crying would not be imminent.
Into the future my love and I go, I love you forever and anytime between,
I think I love you more than you realise, but that is yet to be seen.



Daniel Hill is a writer from Bristol who is currently exploring different types of writing. He started writing poetry in 2004 after reading The Rose That Grew From Concrete and has won the only competition he has entered so far. Would probably be famous already if he weren't such a procrastinator...

No comments: