Tuesday, August 5

Summer Slackness

Greetings, you giants in small clothing.

I would like to take the opportunity of this very rainy day to welcome you to August.

We've had so much good poetry and fiction in recently that I can only assure you it's going to be a great summer chez
The Pygmy Giant. Dear writers, I've been greatly appreciating your combination of sharp humour and breath-catching poignancy. Since I never introduced July's contents, I'd like to give an honourable mention to Avis Hickman-Gibb, whose The Power to Decide did, in so few words, leave me gasping. Truly a tiny, giant piece.

I'd also like to put in a word of apology for not managing to post every other day throughout July - house-moving chaos has put a proverbial spanner in the works, but I hope normal service will be resumed before long. Also an advanced warning that
The Pygmy Giant will be taking a complete break in the last two weeks of August. Use that time to go outside, paint your nails forty times, ride an ostrich, whatever you like - just make sure you come back in September!

Keep visiting, keep commenting, keep sending stuff in, because the in-tray will eventually be ploughed through!

Enjoy everything. Yours sporadically, Mel.

No comments: